information & requirements
Here at Masseys, we have a slightly different approach to lettings.
We basically need to know, who you are, what you do and how you will be paying the rent. Our duty to our Landlords is to create a good solid secure tenancy. We won’t pigeon hole potential tenants into a set requirement. If we believe you will be a good tenant, we will find a way to help you find your new home.
We will ask you for the following:
- First months rent in advance
- Month and a half security deposit
- Tenant Fee of £250.00 + VAT per tenant (Administration Fee)
- One off Tenancy Extension Fee £150.00 + VAT (this is if you extend by one month or 10 years)
- Check Out Fee £50.00 + VAT
- Guarantor Fee £50.00 + VAT
To hold a property we will ask that you pay the agency fee, then rent and deposit will be payable on the day you move in.
There may be some flexibility with the amount of the security deposit required for each property so please feel free to discuss this with us. We appreciate that you may be working with a lump sum of money to be able to move in and will help where we can.
- Employment Reference
- Landlord Reference
- Character Reference
- We will also carry out a Credit Check
In the event that you are between jobs or have just returned from travelling or are a student, all of these situations are perfectly acceptable, we will just require a UK guarantor. A guarantor needs to be a UK resident who is a homeowner.
get in touch
115 Western Road
+44 (0)1273 72 72 78
Monday to Friday: 9.30 – 5.30
Saturday: 9.30 – 1.00