landlord services

how we can help

Renting your home remains a positive choice. The rental market is buoyant, which is great news for future and existing landlords.

However, here’s the less good news: it could be a hassle if you try to manage everything yourself and could possibly end up costing you a great deal of money, should things go wrong.

What’s the solution? Whether you own an extensive range of properties or are considering renting out your property, Masseys can provide everything you need, with a complete lettings and ongoing management service.

We’re realists. We really understand the highs, lows, positives and pitfalls of the rental market. With experience accumulated since 1998 amongst our long standing close knit team, we focus on the quality of the tenants as we know this element sustains your investment above everything else.

why should landlords use our services?

Here are just a few reasons...

  1. The attention to detail starts up front
    We’ll visit you on-site for an in-depth review of the property itself, its rental value, your requirements, our services and suggested marketing strategy. Our consultants are experts in the property sector. Their instinct and market knowledge is a winning combination for you, the landlord.
  2. Our meticulous tenant selection
    At Masseys, we know that troublesome tenants are the last thing you need. We have the experience to find the most appropriate tenant for your property in terms of:

    • Personal circumstances
    • Background and profession
    • Extensive credit and reference checking
    • Attitude and personality profile

    Getting it right at the beginning is the foundation of a good tenancy.

  3. We don’t over promise
    We know that an empty property earns you no income. However, we also recognise that there are no guarantees with property rental so we never promise something we can’t deliver. We aim to find you the perfect tenant.
    We commit to minimising risk as much as possible and we’ll keep you informed every step of the way. Read more about how our services for landlords can make a difference to your rental income on our How We Work and Terms and Conditions pages.

our fees

Fully Managed: 10% + £200 Administration
Introduction Services: 2 weeks rent + £60 Administration

landlord responsibilities

your duty of care

As a landlord you have a duty of care to anyone living in your property and of course, there are certain responsibilities to which you must adhere by law. Most of these refer to safety regulations to ensure that your tenants may enjoy the property without risk or health hazards. Both Jo-Blaise and David regularly attend excellent legal round up training courses covering all legal aspects of residential lettings and property management.

Gas and Electrical Safety
A gas safety check must be carried out by a “Gas Safe” registered plumber with a gas safety certificate being issued before the property is occupied. At Massey’s, we would be happy to arrange this for you.


Energy Performance Certificates (EPC)
All rental properties must have an EPC carried out. This tells you how energy efficient the property is.


If the property is furnished, the furniture must comply with the Furnishings Fire Safety Regulations of 1988.


Non Resident Landlords
If a landlord is resident abroad and we are managing the property, we must deduct tax at the basic rate from the net amount of rent collected monthly.


Tenancy Deposit Scheme
The Tenancy Deposit Scheme is a government-authorised initiative that enables landlords and letting agents in England and Wales to take and hold a deposit for the duration of the tenancy, thus protecting them.


You will need to provide adequate sets of keys prior to the beginning of the tenancy ‑ in general, one full set per adult, as well as one full access set of keys for Massey Property Services. This enables easy access for maintenance work and inspections during the tenancy period.

Houses in Multiple Occupation
We will advise you if the property requires a license. If it does, you will need to provide us with a copy of a license issued by the local Council.